Heart of Minneapolis Tour
- AVAILABLE ONLY BY PRIVATE BOOKING
- 3 hour walking tour in heart of downtown Minneapolis
- Flat route with slight inclines and declines, approximately .8 mile, standing a lot of the time, bathrooms available at some stops
- 5 stops, with 10-12 tastings
- Tour limited to 12 people, advance tickets required. Private Tours available for larger groups.
- Begins at LaSalle Plaza (800 LaSalle Plaza), located on Hennepin Ave between 8th & 9th Street; ends at Metro Building (80 9th Street S)
Join us as we weave our way through the skyscrapers of downtown Minneapolis on a food adventure! We will stroll through the "Broadway" Theatre District and view a building that set the Guinness Book of World Records as the largest structure ever moved on rubber-wheeled dollies. Enjoy VIP service at some of the newest and hottest award winning restaurants downtown; including a tasting on one of the best Twin Cities roof top terraces. You will also sample and learn the art of local beer making with a local brewery. The tour includes seeing the Minneapolis skyscraper that was modeled after the Washington Monument, visiting the tallest building in Minneapolis and you can even get your picture taken in front of the famous Statue of Mary Richards tossing her hat. Along the way we will also visit quaint eateries that have pride in local ownership; including a favorite since 1932. You will participate in tea or beer sampling and learn the secrets behind the great food you are enjoying. You'll leave the tour with a tasty experience of some of the best food finds Minneapolis has to offer all while learning history of downtown and soaking in the local culture.
- Mouth watering flat bread pizza at a local hot spot
- Locally brewed Minnesota draft beer (non-alcoholic tastings available)
- The "This & That" chocolate to be savored
- Ham and Pear Crisp Sandwich with fresh home-made chips from the restaurant that has "damn good food"!
- Featured on the Cooking Channel Unique Sweets - Bourbon Whiskey Caramel Donut Bread Pudding Loaf
- The original Chicago Mix® sweet and salty popcorn
- Sinfully delicious variety of cupcakes (available on private tours only)
- Sip and learn about cold and hot loose leaf tea (available on private tours only)
- Variety of a delicious French pastry; the Macaroon (available on private tours only)
*Tastings subject to change without notice. Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated.
LocationOur Tour begins at LaSalle Plaza (800 LaSalle Plaza)
All tickets sold are nonrefundable and cannot be exchanged or rescheduled. The tour is held rain or shine. If bad weather occurs, tour will be enjoyed inside via skyways.